Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Well I Don't Know Why I Came Here Tonight...





Inspired by Jonny's Cosmic Series, The Dove is my new baby.

Subtle, smooth and stringerless, 6'8" x 22 1/2" x 2 3/4"...the thickness pushed back towards the tail makes for some unreal cutbacks that are quite easy to recover from, and love to be fully finished off, instead of nursed into submission. 

Belly and roll is carried through the very tip of the tail, which makes this a rather unforgiving rider, but when you nail a turn, the acceleration is priceless.  

Think; projection is a direct result of belly depth and placement...more depth, more zip...Check a rocker shot of Greenough's spoons if you want proof.

I worked a few flat sections into the deck of this one to breathe a little new life into my design theory, not that I felt it was particularly stagnant at the moment though...The flat nose allows for the long rail line on a 7'+ board, in a shorter more lively length.  The deck flatness is just under your back foot, giving you a sort of point of reference, kindof like your favorite pressure dent...nothing majorly groundbreaking, but as always, everything is worth trying!

A true-blue point breaking hull if I ever owned one.


5 comments:

A. Swanson said...

blunt nose hahaha well done

Rui said...

Impressive board! A lot of stuff going on there!

surflab said...

always really nice jobs!

Trevor said...

that thing works insane

Miles Jackler said...

"...and i jizzed in my pants..."