Friday, June 10, 2011

Publication Fail

This little ditty in Surfing Mag trashing alternative boards looks to have type-cast their 'brand' a bit here (at least in my eyes). I'm not sure how bashing a well-liked, super friendly shredder in a world-wide publication was a good idea.

The part that's got me is that there is a valid point there, in the last paragraph, that sums up the whole article and makes perfect sense. It's common sense, even: Don't ride that type of board in draining reef passes if you want the most bang for your buck design-wise. duh. But why spend all that energy and time saying that very simple fact with such a condescending and pointed tone? Especially at such a nice dude.


Make sure to check the comments section for a bit of the entertainment:





8 comments:

shea said...

super frustrating article, reminds me why i have never subscribed to that mag

joe said...

that mags for twirly birds and teenieboppers.tigerbeat

Madafact said...

who could hate on tyler warrens surfing? kooks!

vouch said...

i can't even believe what i just read.
what a joke!
tyler is the nicest guy going.

TYLER WARREN said...

that shit was so wrong and the photos sucked

The guy that wrote is a kook

Ryan said...

major bummer.

Thomas Haskett said...

What a truly awful article. What could one possibly hope to gain by writing it???

Kris Chatterson said...

Did they take it down? I just went back to read it again and it's not there. I was going to post the video of Kelly riding a bar of soap. I'm normally cool about stuff but that article really got under my skin. I thought surfing was past off of that.